Streamlining IT Expenses
Thin Computing and Virtualization are two solutions a good MSP will use to streamline IT expenses and provide room for practice growth.
This technology offers many benefits for small to large practices.
Why Thin Computing:
Saves $ on managing, maintaining, upgrading workstations.
Simplifies software upgrades (i.e., EHR, MS Office). Typically upgrades are individually handled per workstation (inefficient, time-consuming).
Applications are centralized on Terminal Servers. Only one version per terminal server gets upgraded for all users to share (efficient).
Thin Clients can be used instead of full desktop PC’s.
- Thin clients require very little maintenance – no hard drives or moving parts (that commonly fail on PC’s)
- Can’t get viruses.
- Save $ on hardware – No more rotating/upgrading aged PC ‘s & maintaining hardware warranties
- Many existing PC’s can be thinned-down to protect your investment until they physically fail
Remote Desktop ideal for satellite offices or other remote access needs. Remote Desktop is HIPAA Compliant (Encrypted Access)
- Saves $ – consolidated servers – less hardware to buy, manage & maintain.
- Flexibility to add & subtract virtual servers for growth or new solutions – can even be done remotely.
- Enables easier performance – quickly add virtual server capacity – important for software upgrades that may need higher computing resources.
- Test Environments – add servers to test new software releases or lab interfaces, turn off when you’re done.