Managed IT Service
Managed IT Services is the practice of transferring day-to-day technology related management responsibilities to an outside vendor as a strategic method for improved and efficient operations. This means hiring a team of qualified professionals who can design, build, manage, and maintain an optimal information system.
Choosing a Managed Services Provider (MSP) means outsourcing the responsibilities of a practice’s technology, along with the headaches.
Unlike traditional IT services, an MSP offers:
- strategic options to optimize efficiency & streamline expenses
- preventive maintenance
- added redundancies to your infrastructure
- comprehensive network monitoring
- disaster recovery planning
- complete network documentation
- system upgrades
- CIO-level consulting
This isn’t a “Break-Fix” IT support model, rather a fully integrated holistic approach that capitalizes on the latest tech strategies and the proper allocation of human and technological resources.
Outsourcing IT to a qualified MSP is a proactive, efficient strategy to maximize uptime:
1) When an IT issue occurs, you email or call the MSP’s help desk.
2) If a potential problem threatens the system, a quick and preemptive approach is taken. Most times your MSP partner will fix issues even before you are aware of them. A good MSP will have a strongly staffed help desk that can react quickly in “down” situations.
3) Your MSP provides preventive maintenance, critical system updates, and network monitoring to protect your practice from security and failure risks.
4) Your network is being monitored, and consistently upgraded to meet the performance needs of your practice. A qualified MSP will should provide detailed reports on system performance, hours billed, maintenance done, and systems upgraded.