Virtualization and thin computing are just two of the latest buzz phrases in technology environments today. Our experts will work with you to discuss the pros and cons of the latest technology and assess your current computing environment to determine what’s right for your business. There are many benefits of virtualization technology and thin computing, not just for large businesses, but for small to mid-sized firms as well.
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization refers to the software technology that is rapidly transforming the IT landscape. Rather than each desktop in an organization having its own operating system and applications, virtualization allows you to run multiple virtual machines on a single machine. In essence, by sharing the resources of one computer across multiple environments- you save by reducing the requirement for multiple, costly hardware purchases. With virtualization, a qualified Managed Service Provider (MSP) can manage your IT environment on their data systems, allowing you to focus on your business.
Virtualization offers many benefits:
- Reducing hardware capital investments
- Reducing dependency on hardware and the need for maintenance and warranty agreements
- Excellent capability to expand capacity for logical servers when needed (disk, memory and processor)
- Ability to move logical servers between machines for growth
- Ability to move newer equipment as the physical servers age, thus lowering costs